For alphabetical index, click here.
To be sure of seeing the latest version of this page, clear your browser's cache by putting your cursor in your browser's address (URL) field and pressing "Enter" once or twice.
Site searches are via Google.
Plenary speakers: Douglas ANDERSON, Vincent COLAPIETRO, Susan HAACK, Christopher HOOKWAY, Nathan HOUSER, Ivo IBRI, Cheryl MISAK, Nicholas RESCHER, Claudine TIERCELIN, and Fernando ZALAMEA
• Supports reseach & education on Peirce's work. Founded 1974.
• Co-sponsoring, with the Charles S. Peirce Society
, the 2014 Peirce International Centennial Congress, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, Massachusetts, USA, July 14–16, 2014, commemorating the 100th anniversary of Peirce's death.
Ivo A. Ibri, Pontificia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (P.U.C.-S.P.), Brazil
Some resources at Centro Studi Peirce:
Former webpage via the Wayback Machine
— & in the original German: Kolleg-Forschergruppe Bildakt und Verkörperung: Embodiment [etc.]
Center for Philosophical Studies
Danielle Zveda (ד"ר דניאלה זבידה), Rina Cohen (רינה כהן), Rachel Elkana (רחל אלקנה), Limor Leibovich (לימור ליבוביץ), Israel.
Initiated by the Tartu and Copenhagen groups of biosemioticians.
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 12, Tartu, Estonia — July 17–22, 2012
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 11, New York, USA — June 22–25, 2011
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 10, Braga, Portugal — June 22–27, 2010
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 9, Prague, Czechia — June 30 — July 5, 2009
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 8, Syros, Greece — June 23–28, 2008
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 7, Groningen, the Netherlands — June 6–9, 2007
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 6, Salzburg, Austria — July 5–9, 2006
Gatherings in Biosemiotics 5 (via the Wayback Machine), Urbino, Italy — July 20–24, 2005 Home page (purely decorative) (via the Wayback Machine)
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 4 (via the Wayback Machine), Prague, Czechia — July 1–5, 2004
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 3, Copenhagen, Denmark — July 11–14, 2003
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 2, Tartu, Estonia — June 14–17, 2002
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics 1, Copenhagen, Denmark — May 24–27, 2001
• Free online journals, lecture courses, etc.
Includes free Peirce-related course lecture texts:
• Semiotic modelling of biological processes, João Queiroz & Charbel El-Hani
• The Dialogic Nature of Signs, Augusto Ponzio
• Peirce's Theory of Semiosis: Toward a Logic of Mutual Affection, Joseph L. Esposito
Various other resources, including a semiotics encyclopedia online
Frederik Stjernfelt, Peer F. Bundgård, Svend Østergaard, Mikkel Wallentin, et al., Aarhus Universitet, Denmark.
Kalevi Kull, Peeter Torop, et al., Estonia
Ryuta Koike, Hiroshi Yoshioka, Osamu Maekawa, Kenji Ueda.
Conference home pages (1996–2011 complete, sometimes through the Wayback Machine
; 1994 & 1995 programs) & all tables of contents. All links work as of 2011-9-22:
* URL of ICCS 2011 used to be http://www.derby.ac.uk/iccs2011
20th - ICCS '13 Mumbai, India.
19th - ICCS '11 Derby, U.K. [*]. T.O.C.
18th - ICCS '10 Kuching, Malaysia.
17th - ICCS '09 Moscow, Russia.
16th - ICCS '08 Toulouse, France.
15th - ICCS '07 Sheffield, U.K.
14th - ICCS '06 Aalborg, Denmark.
13th - ICCS '05 Kassel, Germany.
12th - ICCS '04 Huntsville, Alabama, USA.
11th - ICCS '03 Dresden, Germany.
10th - ICCS '02 Borovets, Bulgaria.
9th - ICCS '01 Palo Alto, California, USA.
8th - ICCS '00 Darmstadt, Germany.
7th - ICCS '99 Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
6th - ICCS '98 Montpellier, France.
5th - ICCS '97 "Fulfilling Peirce's Dream" |
Seattle, Washington, USA.
4th - ICCS '96 Sidney, Australia.
3rd - ICCS '95 Santa Cruz, California, USA (program).
2nd - ICCS '94 College Park, Maryland, USA (program).
1st - ICCS '93 Quebec City, Canada.
7th Workshop on Conceptual Graphs 1992:
Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA.
Past, but not forgotten
Uwe Wirth now at Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
• Many of the articles linked at the Artikel
page are already in English. However, the Wayback Machine did not save all the articles.
• The site has many working links. Journal: S.E.E.D. Journal
. (To search, search SEE above.)
Guy DeBrock, Director; Menno Hulswit, Coordinator: University of Nijmegen, Netherlands.
Center for Semiotic Research in Law, Government, and Politics
- , Gerard Ellis and Robert Levinson (Eds.), University of Maryland, August 19, 1994.
- , Robert Levinson and Gerard Ellis (Eds.), Quebec City, Canada, August 7, 1993.
- , Gerard Ellis and Robert Levinson (Eds.), Las Cruces, New Mexico, July 10, 1992.
Theological Research Group in C.S. Peirce's Philosophy
(not all the images seem to be there)
Christian Kloesel, Mary Keeler, Indiana University - Purdue University at Indianapolis and later (the above link) at New Mexico State University at Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA.
& Google-translated. Some pages are already in English, so it may be worth starting from the untranslated German page if you seek shorter URLs for copy and paste.
• One can see PORT
pages and more of its images in various sizes and resolutions at sites current and via the Wayback Machine. Click here
for information and links.
Jürgen Niemann (et al.?), Deutsche Institut für Internationale Pädagogische Forschung, Germany.
ALPHABETICAL INDEX. Click on a name below in order to jump up to the corresponding information in the list above. (Copy an embedded link below in order to give others a direct link to the corresponding information above.)
This page "Projects, Institutes, Societies, Centers related to Charles Sanders Peirce"
- Abduktionsforschung — Abduction Research
- Acervo Peirceano: Centro de Sistemática Peirceana
- Arisbe in Spanish
- Center for Applied Semiotics—CLOSED, Indiana U
- Center for Philosophical Studies, Lamar U, Texas
- Center for Semiotic Research in Law, Government, and Politics—CLOSED, Penn State
- Center for Semiotik — Center for Semiotics, Aarhus Universitet, Denmark
- Central-European Pragmatist Forum
- Centro de Estudos sobre Pragmatismo (C.E.P.), P.U.C.-S.P., Brazil
- Centro Internacional de Estudos Peirceanos (CIEP) (formerly Centro de Estudos Peirceanos (CeneP)), P.U.C.-S.P., Brazil
- Centro Studi Peirce, U of Milan,Italy
- Charles S. Peirce Foundation (peirce-foundation.org)
- Charles S. Peirce International Centennial Congress
- Charles S. Peirce Society (peircesociety.org)
- Charles S. Peirce Studies (peirce.org)
- Collegium for the Advanced Study of Picture Act and Embodiment: Embodiment and iconicity in the philosophy of Charles Sanders Peirce, Humboldt U, Berlin
- Commens Dictionary of Peirce's Terms
- Commens: Virtual Center for Peirce Studies, University of Helsinki
- Computer Semiotics: Peircean Semiotics and Digital Representation—CLOSED, Chalmers U of Technology, Sweden
- Conceptual Structures
- Cybersemiotics, Denmark
- Department of Semiotics, Tartu University, Estonia
- Digital Encyclopedia of Charles S. Peirce
- Educational Semiotics
- Erziehungswissenschaften - Mensch-Computer Interaktion (MCI) - Semiotik (C.S. Peirce)—CLOSED
- Gatherings in Biosemiotics
- Groupe de Recherche Peirce-Wittgenstein, U of Quebec at Montreal
- Grupo de Estudios Peirceanos (G.E.P.), U of Navarra, Spain
- Helsinki Metaphysical Club
- Helsinki Peirce Research Center, U of Helsinki
- Institut de Recherche en Sémiotique, Communication, et Éducation (L'IRSCE)—CLOSED, U of Perpignan, France
- Institute for Studies in Pragmaticism, Texas Tech U
- Interamerican Semiotic Center Charles Sanders Peirce, Argentina
- International Association for Semiotic Studies - Association Internationale de Sémiotique (I.A.S.S.-A.I.S.)
- International Pragmatism Society
- International Research Group on Abductive Inference—SUPERSEDED, Germany
- International Society for Biosemiotic Studies
- Japanese Association for Semiotic Studies
- Logic of Abduction, Laboratory for Artificial Intelligence Research, Ohio State U
- Nijmegen C.S. Peirce Study Center—CLOSED, U of Nijmegen, Netherlands.
- Nordic Pragmatism Network
- Open Semiotics Resource Center
- PAPER: Peirce Anthology Project—CLOSED - Electronic Representation
- Peirce Edition Project (P.E.P.), Indiana U
- PEIRCE Project—CLOSED: Conceptual Graphs
- Peirce Telecommunity Project
- PORT: Peirce On-line Resource Testbed Project—CLOSED
- Pragmatism Cybrary
- Research Group on Semiotic Epistemology and Mathematics Education, Institut für Didaktik der Mathematik—CLOSED, U of Bielefeld, Germany
- SEE: Semiosis, Evolution, Energy—CLOSED
- SEMIOCOM: Groupe de Recherche en Sémiotique et Communication—CLOSED, U of Perpignan, France
- Signo: Theoretical Semiotics on the Web
- Semiotic Society of America
- Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy (S.A.A.P.)
- Theological Research Group in C.S. Peirce's Philosophy—CLOSED, Germany
is part of the ARISBE website
Page last modified by B.U. July 7, 2014, earliest on June 27, 2011 — B.U.
Last modified June 8, 1998 — J.R.
Queries, comments, and suggestions to